The purpose of the New Hope Missions Team is to act as Christ in the world.
As the body of Christ locally, we serve:
- DMARC: Des Moines Area Religious Council Food Pantries: provide food and monetary donations
- Hand of Luke: once a month New Hope cooks and serves a meal to the homeless at Central Iowa Shelter and Services
- Women at the Well Re-Entry Team New Hope members shepherd women being released from Mitchellville prison to help them reintegrate into society
- Scholarships for Camp Wesley Woods
- Habitat for Humanity
- Meals from the Heartland: onsite meal packaging at New Hope
Worldwide we serve:
- Our Missionary: Dr. Emmanuel Mefor: Dr. and wife who are in charge of a District Hospital in Zimbabwe
- Heifer International: An international organization that supplies animals and education to help make families and communities become self sufficient
- UMCOR: United Methodist Committee On Relief: Organization that helps during world and local disasters
In 2016; New Hope United Methodist Church gave in both monetary and in-kind donations totaling $ 53,853.95 for Missions.
Our 2016 Mission Report